ne of the perceived hurdles for analyst relations (AR) professionals who want to adopt social media like blogging and Twitter is how to come up with all the content. While initially this might seem daunting, once you get in the habit of watching for relevant content it will pop out at you. Here is a small subset of examples of what you can blog or tweet about.
- Spotlight existing content on your company’s website or blogs
- Spotlight your company’s participants (links to bios, profiles, etc) who will be at an industry event that analysts will also be attending
- Spotlight your company’s upcoming analyst events such as tracks, breakouts, etc
- Recycle content from internal emails, presentations and documents (where appropriate)
- Participate in tweet-based conversations with your top analysts
- Mine research, internal or purchased or online, for relevant factoids
- Point to your company’s staff member quotes and interviews in the press
Related post: What AR should blog about – common questions
SageCircle clients should request the analyst responses to our Fall SageCircle survey of the analysts about AR’s use of social media. The “Question: Topics in a vendor AR blog I would find useful (check all that apply)” resulted in great information. We ranked a list of topics analysts said they would find interesting in a blog.
Bottom Line: There is a plethora of easy-to-get content at AR’s fingertips that could be turned into blog posts and tweets. AR merely has to get in the habit of recognizing harvestable content.
Question: Analysts – what would you like AR to tweet or blog about? AR – What are you tricks and tips for creating content for social media?
Get up-to-speed on social media quickly and efficiently with SageCircle’s “Launching an AR Social Media Strategy” Workshop
In this SageCircle AR Workshop, we provide AR professionals with information, tools, and insights to make sense of the fast evolving social media scene. The goal is to help you get up-to-speed on the implications of social media for AR so that you can make the important decision whether and how to add social media to your mix of interactions.
The next session of the “Launching an AR Social Media Strategy” Workshop will be held on Wednesday, June 17th from 1 pm to 5 pm US Pacific Time in the Silicon Valley. The cost is only $495. Click here to learn more about the workshop and register. You can also contact us at 503-636-1500 or “info [at] sagecircle dot com” to talk with us about the workshop and the full range of SageCircle social media offerings.