Title – Director, Analyst Relations
- Product: Windows
- Job Code: 256562
- Location: WA – Redmond
- Travel Required:
This is a senior leadership role in our corporate PR team that will be directing and managing Analyst Relations (AR) agenda for the Windows Business Group. This is a role with growth potential that owns the overall AR strategy for Windows in the enterprise and with consumers, managing agency resources, developing and maintaining relationships with senior executives and product/marketing team stakeholders, budget, planning and execution. This is a strategic, high-profile role for Windows Business as we continue to drive our current versions of our software and services as well as preparing the market for future versions of Windows software and services. You will also have the opportunity to work with an incredibly talented, creative, hard working and fun group of people.
• Developing the overall AR plan for Windows in the enterprise and for consumers, including current and future versions of our software and services to drive perception-changing coverage that helps the company achieve its business goals.
• Acting as a strategic communications resource to internal business and sales teams on all matters relating to Windows and key influentials.
• Define and implement Windows AR Rhythm of the Business strategy, including cross-BG and cross-company coordination as well as field engagement needs.
• Assist teams in for creating and executing a proactive strategy and international AR plan for Windows and helping subsidiaries meet their goals.
• Driving business insight within the Windows communications team to enable optimal strategy development and decisions that impact Windows communications worldwide.
• Coordination and definition for the success metrics used to measure the performance of the team’s AR goals.
• Own a variety of cross-group, strategic projects based on the evolving business needs of the group as needed.
• Grow a team of skilled communications professionals including agency resources.
The ideal candidate will have strong analyst relations and issues management experience,
demonstrated success as an organizational leader, and an aptitude for strategic planning and experience in driving successful communications strategies. This position requires building relationships and collaboration with all levels of Microsoft executives, managers, and employees as well as frequent contact with analysts and public relations agencies.
A minimum of 10-15 years of work experience in public relations, marketing, public affairs or journalism, and a strong background in legal, government and public policy issues is required. This position requires excellent oral and written communications skills.
Key skills and characteristics: creativity, passion for software and services, confident presence with executives, steady/operational leadership, self-motivated, and articulate.
As the world’s leading Software Company, Microsoft has pioneered many of the technology innovations that paved the way for the digital information revolution. With products ranging from the Windows operating systems to the Office productivity suite, the Visual Studio suite of developers tools, and the Xbox 360 video game platform, and a broad range of new offerings in high-growth areas including Web-based services, unified communications, search, advertising and much more, Microsoft continues to be the worldwide leader in helping people and businesses realize their full potential.
Date Posted: 05/15/2009
Search for Job Code on this page http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/default.aspx